GISS is an independent association for all organizations in the Stockholm area that have an interest in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
GISS is meant to be an attractive network for those who work with geographic IT in the Stockholm area.
GISS has the ambition to be an arena that encourages communication, exchange of experience and increased knowledge.
GISS membership offers you and your organization:
- an opportunity to personal meetings
- a big network of expertise in geographic information and geographic IT
- competence improvement and exchange of experience through seminars, study visits and study tours
- possibilities to initiate GIS-projects
Our members span from municipalities and authorities to private companies and consultancies in the GIS line of business. This combination of members is the strength of our association.
Department of mapping, surveying and GIS:
- Producers of basemaps
- Internal and external web-GIS
- Internal GIS consultancies
- Some work with 3D modelling
- Some work with Open Data
- National street database
- National cadastre
- Health and care
- Public transport
- Geodata portal - infrastructure for geodata
- Small, local companies
- Large, international companies
- System suppliers